Wednesday, December 21, 2011

It's Workout Wednesday Folks!!!

b.a.s.e.Fitters!!!  Get up early and get your workout in.  I will admit it, I am a total endorphinoholic!  I thrive off of the endorphines released from exercise and bank on those in the morning to jumpstart my day.  When I workout first thing in the morning, I am happier, more relaxed and ironically eat less over the course of the day.

This morning's workout is going to pack a serious punch!!!  Don't let the 6(am) start time scare you...in my book, there is no better time to get that heart pumping.  In the mornings our heads are clear and we can focus on the breath, the form and each movement. 

Can't do this workout until later?  That's okay because any time that you can commit is the best time for you!

Try out this condensed version of what we are doing today.  You don't need weights for any of these exercises.  Just starting out?  Do 10 reps of each exercise.  Keep that core engaged (think about drawing the naval up and in towards the spine).  Want to hit it hard, do 30 reps of each and repeat 2-3 times total:

- Jump Lunges
- Dive Bomber Pushups
- Hindu Squats (arms come behind calves with fingertips to touch near heels)
- 3 Series Hand pushups (wide hands/narrow feet; mid-hand/mid-feet; narrow hands/wide feet...don't do 10 in each position, that's a lot easier than moving between all 3)
- Single leg squat jumps
- Side Burpees with Knee Tucks
- Sumo Squat Twist Crunch
- Reverse Plank Glut Lift

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I will do my best to respond to comments as soon as possible. Please also feel free to email me @ basefitmarin@yahoo.com.