Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Year’s Resolutions ~ 2012

I don’t usually make New Year’s Resolutions, but this year is different.  This year I have a long list of resolutions.  When you decide to make resolutions, it requires you to take inventory of your life, what you do and don’t like, how to approach or change the things that you can control and how to shift my perspective on those things I don’t like, but cannot currently control.

Goal One: Improve my Fitness Levels.  This year I realized that so much of my time is committed to work – both fitness and non-fitness, not leaving time for me to reach my own fitness/health goals.   In 2012, I am going to make changes to my work schedules  to carve out time to focus on my own workouts, to get stronger, to build endurance, to improve my flexibility.  In 2012 I will allow myself to be taught more and not worry about teaching all of the time.

Goal Two: Clean Eating.  I started the year so well, no gluten, no sugar, no dairy and then as the year went by, I wasn’t as diligent.  I allowed my diet to get “dirty” ~ it was harder to keep off weight and I became sluggish.  In 2012, I am going to hold myself accountable and I have enlisted friends to also hold me accountable.  I am racing straight into 2012 with the 21-Day Sugar Detox

Goal Three: Spend More Time with my Kids & Husband.  You may not think that these are fitness/health related, but they so are.  The more time I spend with my kids, the more time I spend running around and playing with them.  The more time I spend with my husband, the better our relationship gets and the happier I am ~ the happier our home is.  Happiness and Health go hand in hand.  If you are unhappy, your health is compromised.

I am setting goals for 2012 because I don’t want to allow myself to get too comfortable ~ I want to challenge myself to reach new heights, to excel in new ways, to be better than I am today. 

What are your goals for 2012?  Write them down?  Got fitness goals?  Enlist friends; they will hold you accountable;  they will help you succeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I will do my best to respond to comments as soon as possible. Please also feel free to email me @ basefitmarin@yahoo.com.